Interested in competing in a student competition and/or using it as your capstone senior design project in Chemical and Environmental Engineering? To be eligible, the student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4 and email a 500-word essay submission to Dr. Kawai Tam by the end of the first week of May. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Deadlines vary for the competitions below and some are not offered every year, please click on the links to find the latest information. Some competitions provide specific design projects; others require the competitors to come up with their own innovative projects. The development of new projects needs to fit specific guidelines to meet the curriculum requirements of CHE 175A/B or ENVE 175A/B for course credit.
Possible competitions for chemical and environmental engineering students and senior design courses:
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency P3 (People, Prosperity and the Planet) Student Design Competition for Sustainability
- WERC Environmental design contest
- Odebrecht Award for Sustainable Development
- NASA – Exploration Senior Design Projects
- American Public Power Association Demonstration of Energy-Efficient Developments (APPA DEED)
- World Water Forum College Grant
- AECOM – Water: Academic Design Competition http://www.aecom.com/deployedfiles/Internet/Geographies/Americas/Water/AECOM%20Design%20Competition%20Guidelines%202011.pdf